Man involved in Rocky’s death to be charged on Thursday

Rocky died during a dog-catching operation in Klang, Selangor, on July 29.

PETALING JAYA: A man involved in the dog-catching operation that led to the death of a pet dog named Rocky last month will be charged in the Klang sessions court on Thursday.

Lawyers Rafique Rashid Ali and Mahmud Abdul Jumaat, said Shah Hizam, 24, had been summoned by the veterinary services department, Utusan Malaysia reported.

“We will be there (in court) at 9am on Aug 20,” Rafique was quoted as saying.

However, he could not confirm under which law or section Shah would be charged.

Last week, Shah denied joining the dog-catching operation in Klang on July 29 with the intention of harming or killing any animal.

He said he was heartbroken over Rocky’s death, but maintained that he had taken part in the operation, which had been assigned to him by the Klang Royal City Council.

Rocky died during the enforcement operation in Port Klang on July 29.

The council defended its officers, saying Rocky’s owner had acted aggressively during the operation.

It said the owner had attempted to cut the noose used to restrain the dog and threatened to harm herself if it was not released.

It was previously reported that the Selangor veterinary services department had investigated the matter for possible animal cruelty under the Animal Welfare Act 2015.

Author: admin